Considérations concernant la COVID-19 et l’activité physique
Please note: The content within the COVID-19 Considerations for Physical Activity section is not prescriptive in nature, rather, it supports school boards and schools to consider potential risks, protective measures and risk treatment strategies associated COVID-19 and a safe start of physical activity. As the situation and context for school boards and schools evolves and policies and recommendations are updated, so too will this section (This information represents Ontario’s context as of September 2020).
This section is a supplement to the safety standards already available in the Ontario Physical Activity Safety Standards in Education (OPASSE) and provides enhanced safety considerations specific to COVID-19 for physical education and intramural activities. To support a safe reopening plan, that includes opportunities for students to participate in physical activity, schools are encouraged to review:
- Your school board policies and procedures related to safety in COVID-19 and physical activity;
- The Ontario Physical Activity Safety Standards in Education (OPASSE) for the minimum safety requirements for physical activities;
- This COVID-19 Considerations for Physical Education section for enhanced safety considerations specific to COVID-19; and
- Safety Considerations for Remote Learning in Physical Education (including COVID-19 Considerations) for enhanced safety considerations specific to remote learning.
The information provided in this section aligns with the directions from the Ontario Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health, Ophea’s OPASSE requirements, as well as the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Guidance for Schools Kindergarten to Grade 12, and the key messages from PHE Canada’s COVID-19 Pandemic Return to School Canadian Physical and Health Education Guidelines and New Health Protocols in Physical and Health Education - Ideas for Management.
This section includes:
- COVID-19 Considerations for Physical Education
- COVID-19 Considerations for Intramurals Activities
- COVID-19 Considerations for Interschool Sports (to follow)